ISSSS 2012, 05-07 October 2012
The 4th World conference of the International Society for the Social Sciences of Sport
Dates: 05-07 October 2012
Venue: Koper, Adriatic see
Address. Srednja tehniška šola Koper, Šmarska cesta 4, Koper
Download: Program book - schedule of presentations
|Registration form & Abstract||Registration fee
|Venue||Travel options||1st announcement||Conference products|
The role of Social and Human Sciences in Sport has not yet been exercised to its full potential.
You are more then welcome to join us in joint efforts to transcend the narrow, scientific impact oriented, atomization of sport science.
Sport has a great social power. Let us strive for higher social impact of our research work as well!
Social and Human Sciences, Sport and Physical Culture: History, Contemporaneity, and Future
- History of sport and of social sciences of sport
- Olympic movement at the crossroads of social sciences
- Social sciences in tourism and recreation (sport for all)
- Social sciences in physical education and teacher education (P.E.T.E.)
- Ethical and deontological issues in social sciences of sport
- Kinesiology and social sciences of sport: cooperation and tensions
- Cultural studies and/in social sciences of sport
- Sport, critical management and (critique of ) political economy
- Content and representation in mediated sports
- Social and human aspects of sport medicine
- Psychology of sport as soft and hard science
- Open papers
ady for an academic team play?
The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime.
The 2012 ISSSS will run parallell to Child in Movement International symposium.
Please visit Child in Movement web for details.