Mission: To provide platform for sustainable sport policy improvements
LEPA policy initiative is embedded in sport and reaches out to other public policy sectors
- It is aimed at promoting basic human needs for regular physical activity, sociability, solidarity and healthy environment.
- It builds upon a synergy between policy sectors of health, education, environment, social affairs, finance, culture and transport, and between governmental and non-governmental, public and private organizations.
- It serves as a framework concept in order to enable conceptual needs and abilities of the local environment.
- to connect competing sport bodies in unified action to promote the values of sport and PA;
- to develop policy initiative that calls for responsibility of all stakeholders that influence the policy of sport and physical activity;
- to consider sport’s vital role for social and macro-economic welfare;
- to provide the wide project theme for implementation of EU 2020 agenda;
- to attract financial support for development of sport from other sectors;
- to provide public authorities with stakeholders model for shared governance of sport.
Target groups: municipality, regional or national government and umbrella sport organizations
The initiative is in the seed stage. For joint development and cooperation please contact us.
- to facilitate governments of EU member states with LEPA policy framework (EU 2020 strategy);
- to provide a platform for structured LEPA dialogue among competing EU sport bodies (with transfer on national level);
- to develop Key performance Indicators for each public sector that influence sport and physical activity;
- to develop LEPA campaign in all sectors relevant for sport (like the efforts of HEPA in health sector).
- LEPA policy framework recommendations
- LEPA Key Performance Indicators by sectors
- LEPA management tool-kit for local/national government agents
- LEPA advocacy and fund-raising seminar for governing bodies